21.3.13

first day of spring












There's a saying that if you don't like the weather in Oregon all you need to do is wait five minutes. It's embarrassing how true that's been over the last couple days. It seems like I've been glimpsing out my windows every couple of minutes and each time I will see something completely different. This morning there was a hail storm. Now I look out my window and the sun is shining like nothing ever happened. I've gotten so used to inconsistent weather that sometimes I wonder if I'll ever be able to live in a place where it's actually steady. I'll probably always leave my house holding a sweater in one arm in the middle of summer "just in case".

Yesterday was the first day of spring! I decided to venture outside today (I've been stuck indoors this week with a nasty cold) and celebrate by wearing this lovely vintage gingham dress I got from Lawrence. I saw it online and I knew I had to have it for my perfect springtime dress. I don't think I mentioned it the last time I wore this flower crown in a post, but it's actually an antique! A few years ago, my sister and I went wandering into a little antique shop and found a beautiful antique wedding dress that we wanted to use for a photo shoot we were planning. We bought the dress without even realizing that this little flower crown was attached as part of the ensemble! It's very fragile, definitely not sturdy enough for regular use, but every once in a while I like to wear it for occasions like this.




A very happy spring,
Tori


WHAT I WORE
yellow gingham dress ... Lawrence // vintage Ralph Lauren heels ... Velour Fashion Recycled // flower headband ... antique // watch necklace ... antique shop

TWITTER. BLOGLOVIN. TUMBLR.



4 comments: